Recovering Data


I decided that I would at least spend 5 minutes trying to recovering the last month’s blog rants that were lost die to the HDD crash, and since Ros suggested Google may have a cache of my site, I had a look.

Google was fruitless, as its’ cache for my main page was the current main page. It seems that google is too good at keeping up-to-date with my site.

I then tried looking on archive.org, to see if T’d been cached there, and to my supprise, I was.

There was a small catch. The archive was from 2004.

It looks like there is no recovering the data from August, unless netlamers.org keeps a cache!

I shall investigate!

Leave a Reply